2014 YP Community Impact Award Recipients
The Network: Young Professionals of the Quad Cities has announced the recipients and finalists of the 2014 YP Community Impact Awards, and will present them on Thursday, May 1 as part of its 4 th annual Symposium & YP Community Impact Awards at the Establishment Theatre, Rock Island.
The Network, a program of the Quad Cities Chamber that represents over 3,000 local young professionals, cultivates social and professional development, provides service leadership opportunities, facilitates the connection of young talent with the hiring needs of employees, and engages in advocacy of YP interests.
LaDrina Wilson, Assistant Director of Enrollment and Customer Service at Scott Community College, has been named the 2014 Young Professional of the Year. Wilson works constantly to make the world better than what she found, according to her nomination letter. She serves her time and talent through a long list of initiatives, including a program called "The Next Big Thing, a Successful Transition” which serves nearly 3,000 high school seniors. Wilson was also behind "College Connections,” a program that introduces at risk kids to STEM programs, the "Men of Pink Fashion Show” to raise money and awareness of issues faced by breast cancer, and her newest event, "Hair Affair – A Benefit to Support Alopecia Awareness.”
"LaDrina is one of the brightest lights in the Quad Cities. She is a leader in the entire community. LaDrina thinks big. She ‘builds it,’ and each time ‘they come,’” Dr. Christopher Whitt, Ph.D wrote in nominating Wilson.
The other winners are:
· Leaders Under 40 : Zach Edwards – Waddell & Reed, Sarah Johnson – SPJ Consulting, and Caitlin Russell Brandt, Russell
· Best Place to Work finalists (winner to be announced on May 1): DHCU Community Credit Union, QCR Holdings, Inc./ Quad City Bank & Trust, and TAG Communications
· Innovation : Daniel Sheridan, Junior Theatre
· Life-Long Learning : Putnam Museum
· Multi-Modal : Channel Cat Water Taxi
· Hot Spot : HAVlife™ Martini Shake-Off™ and PUB 1848
· Livability : Quad Cities Bicycle Club
· Vitality : Hy-Vee
· Next Gen Engagement : Russell
The Symposium will be held from 2:00 – 5:30 p.m., with the awards presentation from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the Establishment Theatre, 220 19 th St., Rock Island. .